Durga Puja is around the corner. It is the perfect time of the year to buy knockout outfits and accessories. Embrace a six-yard saree or go glam with elegant anarkalis, ethnic outfits have a charm of their own. However, traditional attire is not limited to sarees and kurta pyjamas. You can mix and match and take your fashion game to the next level.
Here are some must-include-fashion-items to level up your wardrobe game this Durga Puja:
1. Traditional sarees: Saree is a quintessential Puja outfit. Sarees with heavy borders can accentuate a look. Use the right accessories such as gajras around the bun and jhumkas to complete the look.
2. Palazzos and kurtas: Nothing can beat the elegance of a salwar-kurta look. Complement this look with a pair of heels and a chic handbag.
3. Pair kurtis with shrugs: While wearing ankle-length kurtas, unite it up with a summer shrug. For footwear, go for sandals and create a head-turning look.
4. Go Denim: Denim jeans go beautifully with ethnic kurtas. Complete the look with colourful earrings and bright lip colours.
5. Light lehengas: Light lehengas are perfect for morning ‘aartis’. Lehengas with pastel and soft colours set the tone for a festive mood. Wear bangles and a colourful bindi to channelise the desi vibe.
1. Kurta pyjama: A classic set of kurta-pyjamas is an ideal ensemble to look traditional and stylish. It is comfortable and ideal to wear during Durga Puja lunch with family and friends.
2. Slim fit shirts: For a dapper look, wear solid coloured slim fit shirts with formal trousers. Make sure you complete the look with a pair of oxford shoes.
3. Printed casual shirts: If the Puja afternoon gets sunny, switch to a cool casual look. Wear light coloured printed shirts with a pair of cotton trousers.
4. Polo necked T-shirt: complete the look with a pair of leather sneakers and sunglasses.
For kids: (girls)
1. Salwar suits: Gorgeous and easy-to-carry, salwar suits are ideal outfits while taking part in Puja rituals.
2. Frocks: Layered frocks give a barbie-doll look. With cute hair accessories and a nice pair of shoes, frocks give a perfect look for the occasion.
3. Indo western lehengas: Trendy lehengas with Indo-western tops are stylish and yet comfortable.
4. Dungarees: If you are planning a long drive on a Pujo eve, doll up your girl with a comfortable pair of dungarees and matching shoes.
For kids: (Boys)
1. Kurta Pyjama (with a jacket): Little boys look adorable in kurta-pyjamas. To complete the look, pair up the attire with kolhapuri chappals.
2. Hooded half shirt: To pull off a casual and comfortable look, hooded half shirts are easy options. Perfect for a not-so-hot Pujo weather, a hooded shirt goes fantastic with a pair of denims and any casual shoes.
3. Casual tees with jeans: One can never go wrong with a casual T-shirt with a pair of jeans.
2. Casual shoes: Durga Puja is all about visiting friends, dancing with all the joy, and a lot of roaming around. To keep things comfortable, keep a pair of casual shoes ready.
3. Colour pop handbags: You can complement your ethnic outfit with a colourful handbag.
This Durga pujo, come visit M Baazar and give your wardrobe a makeover!